Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:29 AM
CaptCoolHand
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Originally Posted by biigD View Post
Yeah, but that's not necessarily an indicator of our perception of JetBlue. I'd much rather be at JetBlue for the long haul than where I am now, but I'm already a few years in at my company, and it doesn't make sense for me to take the short term pay hit if I'm just looking to get on at Delta down the road anyway.

So I'm staying put, but I'm also clenching my teeth while watching you guys hire like mad, because I know I'll be regretting the decision if the call from Delta never comes.

I'm not saying there's not reason to complain about the situation at JetBlue, and certainly (as anywhere) it's worth the effort to make things better, but the lack of hires from elsewhere in your peer group doesn't mean things are better at those other companies. Other than perhaps Alaska, you guys *are* at the top of your peer group, like it or not.
I'm sorry, but that's just not factual. Just because we have shiny new planes and tv's in the back does not a compensation package make. We are 18-20% behind our "peer" set in hourly rates alone. Throw in retirement, sick and vacation accrual, and the abismal health care.... Sir, we are near the bottom.

"if you offered a jetblue new hire class a spot at delta... the jb class would be empty, if you offered a new hire Delta class a spot at jetblue... you'd be laughed out of the ATL!" or something like that, quoted from a jb chief pilot.

Originally Posted by Climbto450 View Post
Alaska, Hawaiian, the big three, SWA even Spirit currently have better compensation. Pay alone is 15-18 percent. Total compensation is 25-30 percent better. How are we the top of our peer set. Oh that's right we are a little better then VA who has never turned a profit. I must have missed something!!
^^^what he said

Last edited by CaptCoolHand; 06-05-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: finished reading the whole thread...