Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
sandrich
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by joethepilot View Post
I'm really done with the union conference calls. Every week I listen hoping it will be productive and contain useful info. However, every week it turns into Richard lecturing the pilot group about something, and shifting all the blame away from union leadership. Today it was "pilots don't know the contract and that's the problem." The reality is that we do know the contract but when we call nothing is done about it. For example, the contract says proper staffing. In today's call Richard said prepare for junior manning and extension because we're under staffed but no information about how their planning on enforcing this section. I could give more examples but the point is these calls have turned into "why it's the pilots fault and not the union leadership's" and that is unacceptable. It's time for a change.
This has been my opinion for quite some time now, but i've bit my tongue because I'm not sure who in the union leadership reads these boards. That being said, I get the impression that the only things that get addressed by our union are the things that affect the top-75-seniority, Florida, vacation at home, pilots who've been here since Dinosaurs inhabited Florida.... the last conference call I partook in (5 months ago) I asked what is being done about the lack or reserves up north and lack of staffing. One of our top council members who shall remain nameless replied "this isn't an important issue, we are beating a dead horse here" and the conference moved onto stuff almost as useless as what type of soap to put in the crew-room bathrooms... left a sour taste in my mouth ever since.