View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 07:36 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Savings

Originally Posted by jsled View Post
Maybe. But if UAL tanks, and believe me, I know it can, I will stay in aviation. My furlouged neighbor is a 757 Captain for Omni just waiting for his number to be called. Meanwhile, he earns enough to pay the bills. I figure I can land a good aviation job if need be. But do you realize I have been "living the dream" for 10 years now? A person can put a lot in the kitty for a rainy day after 10 years at the majors.
For your sake I hope you have been saving every dime. I flew with a lot of ex-Eastern guys who thought they had it made. By 60 all they had left was an old 1970's corvette and a two bedroom apartment.

The world of aviation can change in a heart beat.

Eastern, Pan AM, Flying Tigers, Braniff, TWA. Most of those guys never flew again. You could find another flying job but you would never forget what it was like to be treated like a real person. It is no fun to be at a miserable B grade company earning less than half of what you make now. More skyhighs are created every day.

Your story isn't over yet. Lets all say a prayer tonight and hope that karma isn't coming your way.

SkyHigh

Last edited by SkyHigh; 04-01-2007 at 07:42 PM.