View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 07:59 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Default .2 conversion

Originally Posted by TipTip35
Yet another questions for the FDX experts.

I was looking on the FedEx website and noticed that military pilots can add.2 hours for each sortie they have. I was quite elated b/c when I added up all my sorties as PIC b/c it gave me an extra 94 hours of PIC time. My question to you guys is...is that the way its intended to work. I was going to add that time to my online profile but I wanted to make sure I was doing it properly. (Dont want to appear to be dishonest with the flight time)

My 2nd question is how do they verify our PIC time. I have my Air Force printouts to verify my total time but the only thing I have for PIC are my own records. Do they just take my word for it?

Thanks

Tip

Your question was answered but I will throw in my 2 cents.
Defintely add a .2 for every "Military " sortie.
FedEx uses a point system for every block on the Application. Total flight time is one of them. If your extra 94 hours puts you over.........1500 (instead of 1406).........or over 2000 (istead of 1906).......or over 3000 (you get the idea) it adds to you overall point total.

Be able to explain how you did your conversion. Don't do what a old friend of mine did and just mutipy total flight time by .2 and add it to the total..................he got turned down in the interview for "NOT following directions" given on the application........................Same goes for PIC.

PIC means you "signed" for the Aircraft. It does not mean Pilot time actually at the controls..................Should be obvious but people still Screw this up.

Good luck