View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
MatchPoint
Rollin'

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: AA Airbus

Originally Posted by afterburn81 View Post
Really man? Just couldn't help yourself. It's people like yourself that drag down the progress of good productivity. Thanks for what you do.
My friend I'm not going to get into a school girl fight with you or anyone else. And no it's those who can't see the writing on the wall and understand the heavily restricted and dynamic industry we're all forced to work in that drag down the industry and their airline. This industry plays by rules dictated by mainline contracts and scope clauses, you get to expensive you get replaced so in order to have stability you must work hand-n-hand with Mgmt. That may be my years of middle Mgmt. (different industry) talking but it is reality. No matter how much you deny no regional will ever be a career carrier because of the margins dictated by mainline.

Truth hurts.

SkyWest Mgmt. wants us to leave after 6-7 years. After that amount of time we as pilots start getting expensive (dictated by the industry which works under mainline restrictions), but if you choose to stay with SKW our Mgmt. team will do their best to maintain a solid airline. No one here will ever be the highest paid, we will be competitive which is far more important IMO. Stability is more important than a few extra bucks in my book and I trust my Mgmt. team to make the hard decision.

Bash me and call me a Kool-Aid drinker all you want but until you've spent time in SGU and understand how our airline is run you will never understand SkyWest. There's a different environment and culture in SGU that no other carrier possesses. Yes we aren't without issue and we do have some bad apples but as a whole SkyWest the fastest kid at the special Olympics (sorry if that offended someone, it's just an expression).

Last edited by MatchPoint; 06-11-2013 at 11:33 AM.