Thread: "The Turn"
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 PM
HazCan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: headbanging
Default "The Turn"

If anyone out there doesn't recognize the direct dealings we are having with management, i.e "The Turn" (AKA, lets feed the pilots BBQ and then shove PBS up their a$$), then please pull your heads out of the sand and recognize what is happening. This isn't happening because they care. It's a distraction, plain and simple. It's a way to engage the pilot group without having to deal with our negotiating committee in an effort to win hearts and minds. Remember what team you are on.

My recommendation is not to attend at all. We can all certainly afford to buy our own lunch. If you can't keep your face out of the feed bag, at least ask some of the following questions:

1) Why aren't the accepted fares fixed?

2) Why can't I deviate without having to rebook ALL legs of a multiple leg deadhead?

3) As an add-on to #2, why can't I be protected if I join a portion of the originally scheduled deadhead?

4) What makes you think we are interested in PBS when our negotiating committee has repeatedly told you it's a non-starter?

I'm sure you guys can add on a multitude of better questions, but I'm sure you get my drift. If not, well....good luck to us all.