View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by UPTme View Post
I believe 11M are considered critically manned and now get travel for IDT. I live near my base, so I don't know the details on it.
Currently with the USAF, Annual Tour (the 15 days active duty per year), you get 4 paid travel days (airline tickets, taxis, etc.etc.) per year. You can use them as you see fit. But you only get 4 so for example if you break up your 15 days of active duty into three 5 day work weeks, you will only have travel days for two of the work weeks and will pay out of pocket for the last work week.

As what UPTme said, if you are in a critically manned career field, and they change frequently, you are entitled to up to $300 reimbursement for travel expenses for UTAs (the one weekend a month gig).

Anytime you are put onto Active Duty orders or you go TDY, they will pay travel to and from your home of record.

This is the only travel pay that I know of that reservists are entitled to. In my unit, all of us are in critically manned fields and as such, we have members who live all over the USA and commute back to dirty jersey for the reserves.