View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:11 PM
cws1028
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Assistant Button Pusher

Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
Interesting...when I got on at C5 and here, both times I requested a copy of the FAA records and just got that single letter. I'll have to take a look at the one at the office and see if it matches.
When I pulled my record under the FOIA, I got that same letter, but 3 months later I got a huge packet of all my 8710's, Change of Address forms...everything. I asked a contact I have that does hiring at Skywest what they see, and he told me they will see that packet with all the 8710's and everything. Of everything you can pull under the FOIA, I think the only ones they do not see is the medical information due to HIPPA or whatever that rule's initials are.

To clarify, I do not think they will see if the results if you failed a written, as those are not attached to an 8710, but any written you use as a basis to apply for the certificate or rating is included.

When I applied at RAH (Turned down that job) there was one PRIA form the did not require that they did for me at C5 (Waiting to go to class there) that had the wording to release the more information on the 8710's. That may be a difference, I will see if I can find that form.