View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 07:16 PM
GBU-24
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

If those are the locales you are looking at...they all are under the 340th and the individual squadrons should pay for travel with no questions asked. That is AT travel or MPA travel...we have had IDT travel (pays up to $300 per trip, twelve times a year) the last three years but it is not a guarantee it will be here next year…it is renewed each calendar year and this year we didn’t get it until very late. We have been good on money, (although a bit late this year…), for using the 4 AT travel days and the rest MPA travel to get you the minimum days per month….plan on working 5 days a month (it’s really 6 days a month but the MUTAs make up the rest). More is better if available and has been but as always the next year is always in question. If the squadron hires you they have to budget for you…the only caveat is if you are an airline guy they may ask you to jumpseat in to help out non-airline guys getting in. I didn’t buy airline tickets for my first 3.5 years but still used paid travel for everything else…I was finally told just buy tickets as they budgeted for me. I’m a long range commuter and it’s been no issue. Good luck.