Old 06-16-2013, 06:52 PM
JohnnyG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Question Electronic logbooks and industry standards

I've been a pilot for quite a few years but have only recently been able to really make an attempt at a professional flying career.

My logbook was a recreational item for a long time that traveled the world in backpacks and has moved countless times, and even seen long storage times on deployments. A decade of shoddy CFIs at non-professionally oriented schools, notes pages, endorsements and other types of stuff mean that I really need to get my logbook in professional working order.

The best solution I see, and I'm open to other solutions, is going electronic, or keeping a parallel electronic logbook. In the process, an audit will work itself out and I'll have something immaculate to present.

What is the most accepted electronic logbook format or brand? Are some looked upon as more or less professional than others?

Do people care if that's the only thing you bring? I'd like to avoid them seeing my logbook. There's a lot of old school talk about these things and logbook standards, but not many regs. Either way, I'd like to hear as many opinions and ideas as possible.

I'm not short on hours or mistakes in my logbook. There's probably a coffee stain or dead bug or two.

Last edited by JohnnyG; 06-16-2013 at 07:04 PM.