View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
atr42flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: A300, FO

Originally Posted by MusicPilot View Post
Word is that EWR/JFK staffing will come from new hires and upgrades. It really depends on how the pairings are built. Most guys wait to see what happens then make a move. LAX is a good example. Easy to get to, no GDPs to deal with, yet the can't fill it because the trips still suck. If they build JFK the same way (which looks like the case since the 555 says how they'll have to staff it) look for it to mirror LAX. Just my perspective.

You are completely wrong. LAX is filled it is now staffed appropriately. And regarding the trips, well thats in the eye of the beholder. I know lots of people are are perfectly happy with the trips, others not so much. will everyone always be happy no. it is what you make of it and your seniority position.

As far as JFK/EWR it will be a co terminal base. Language will need to be drafted regarding that and how it will all play out. Email your WRC and make suggestions if you are so inclined. The trips per S.F. email last night will inevitably have early shows on the front end because of the nature of the flying we do and the buffers needed to protect the operation.

Will all the trips be like that NO, but expect to see a large number of highly productive 4 day trips with a back end early release.

Staffing JFK/EWR will go super senior I promise you that. You have no idea how many east coast commuters we have here.