Thread: SLI June 18th
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 02:33 PM
ChrisJT6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by CleCapt View Post
We do agree that this will be different. Mainly because it affects both of US and not them. We ARE saying the same thing, but our viewpoints are from different sides of the proverbial fence. We all want what is best for us and "Our Side" and because of that we see the result with different outcomes.

I am not afraid of the new ALPA policy, I embrace it. I'm not worried about the outcome of the award. I will live with the result.

I merely wanted to point out that to comply with the NEW policy, all the arbitrators need to do is CONSIDER the items on the list and apply whatever weight they feel is equitable. That could be 1% or 90%. I'm just saying that 1% of any of the listed items complies with the new policy as much as 90%.

The arbitrators are also NOT limited to the listed items as defined by the new policy. Doesn't mean they HAVE to look elsewhere for the answer, it just means that they are not bound by ONLY the items listed in the new merger policy.

I think that by leaning on the NEW merger policy, some pilots think that they are the ONLY items to be considered. This affects both sides.

What I am worried about are the people, ON BOTH SIDES, that will have trouble digesting that result, to the point that it not only affects them but the poor sods that have to fly with them.

There are good points raised daily from both sides, mixed in with all the minutia. No matter how complicated the equation or mental math that decides this, I believe that I will fall within a few percent of where I am now. For those in the Furlough Zone, I really don't know how it's going to come down. The arbitrators have an almost impossible job sorting that slice of the list.

I hope that when this is all over, and the tempers have settled, that we can all enjoy what is left of our careers.
How bout a few points from your position on the snapshot, MCD? Great concept the after the fact sliding snapshot, It would be even better if you could have improved things for yourself by dragging this on another year and 600 more pilots delta.
Nice job sounding reasonable and thoughtful but I say, Save your crock!