View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:44 PM
tinman1
sippin' dat koolaid

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: gear slinger

Originally Posted by Da40Pilot View Post
Has anyone attended the CFI program at Aerosim in Sanford, FL?

It looks like their CFI-A is Part 141 while the CFI-I is Part 61. Just the initial CFI goes for about $11,000 which seems a bit steep.

I contacted them and they told me it was a 10 week full time program just for the Initial.

They apparently do 1 hour preps and 1 hour debriefs following each flight (which they of course charge you for) but I'm mostly interested in finding out how the ground portion is like and if it's worth giving these guys my money. I've heard they are good and very respected in the industry which could always help a bit on the resume.

It's also a place I'd like to get a job at afterwards in order to build my 1500 hours for the ATP reqs.

Any comments from previous grads, or people currently attending would be greatly appreciated!
The nice thing about this program is that the checkride is in house. No back and forth with the FSDO arguing over airworthiness of an old clapped out arrow.

Anyone who has ever had to go though the FSDO can vouch for this, it can be pure hell and very political