Old 06-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Rohit
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: Right Seat

Johnny, if you are using a Mac, I would recommend LogTen Pro. I have been using it since 2010, fairly easy to use, and their customer service is top notch. You can sync it with your phone (if you have an iPhone that is), and can practically simple use that to log your hours soon after a flight. And in this age of Cloud computing, your hours will be waiting for you on your computer once you have logged them on your phone. I have shown an FAA inspector my phone logbook once, and he seemed to be might impressed, you can show him whatever he asks for with just a few screen taps.

Of course when I went for a checkride, I took along the paper logbook as well, and the examiner mainly focused on the traditional log. Another good thing with LogTen is that if you do want to go apply to an airline someday, you could print out your logbook in any format you desire. Like you can print it out to exactly match the green Jeppessen logbook or ones to abide by certain international civil aviation boards.

It may be on the slightly pricier side, but I bet you would spend more money to rent out an aircraft today, so its a good investment to keep a track of all your flights. But considering how many hours you say you have, I am sorry but it will be a pain in the a to log them all! Hope I answered at least some of your questions!