View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 06:30 PM
bcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by Da40Pilot View Post
Has anyone attended the CFI program at Aerosim in Sanford, FL?

It looks like their CFI-A is Part 141 while the CFI-I is Part 61. Just the initial CFI goes for about $11,000 which seems a bit steep.

I contacted them and they told me it was a 10 week full time program just for the Initial.

They apparently do 1 hour preps and 1 hour debriefs following each flight (which they of course charge you for) but I'm mostly interested in finding out how the ground portion is like and if it's worth giving these guys my money. I've heard they are good and very respected in the industry which could always help a bit on the resume.

It's also a place I'd like to get a job at afterwards in order to build my 1500 hours for the ATP reqs.

Any comments from previous grads, or people currently attending would be greatly appreciated!

If you are wiling to go all the way to FL to Aerosim, then you should look at American Flyers at KPMP.

They do the CFII as initial & then add CFI A as an add on. They used to have a good training program at one point, pls double check again.

Used to cost approx $5,000 to $5,500 for both CFII & A, double check the current price.

This is something worth looking at, there are a lot of cheap housing available nearby.