View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 09:34 AM
TallFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Lack of understanding of how this industry works? I wonder why they made me captain 7 years ago?
Captain of what?

No one has said that wha you propose is impossible, just less likely compared to just going to the regionals. If you don't want to go, then don't.
Part 135 flying opens the door to opportunities flying corporate and charter too. Fractionals prefer part 135 pilots over regional guys, and the majors have no problem hiring Citation, Lear, and Falcon drivers.
So if you want to go to a fractional or corporate, then go do that. As to your second point I'd be interested to know what the actual percentages are of regional vs corp pilots getting hired.

It also bears mentioning that we've left out the different at getting hired at Allegiant, Spirit, etc, vs getting hired at United, Delta, etc. two totally different animals with totally different income expectations over a career. I guarantee you that the vast majority of pilots at the legacy carriers are going to be well connected regional pilots, with a good portion of those being check airman and instructors.

Not a single pilot King Air guy, which by the way there is nothing with being if that's what you want to be. But if that's what you're flying while waiting for Delta to call, you're doing it wrong.