View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 PM
hc0fitted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by PearlPilot View Post
Word on the street is that the ATP written is a game changer as far as getting a call goes. I am closing in on 800 hours and a bare 7 hours of that golden twin time. I cringe at the idea of having to pay more to build twin time. A reliable source (a fellow CFI who interviewed) at PDT told me that the chief pilot told him that PDT does not care how much multi time one has as long as the candidate has the ATP written and is good in instruments. I am not sure if that's the case with other regionals. I have applied to a few places, but haven't heard anything so I ordered Gleim's 2012 ATP written prep and I have decided to hang in there until I get it out of the way. I am averaging over 60 hours a month as a CFI, so it is a possibility that I may take the ATP ride in a Skyhawk. As far as multi time goes, yes I know it's very low, but I hope to get lucky...
ATP written or not . You are not going to get on anywhere with 7 hours of multi . 50 is a bare minimum . Is getting a MEI a option ? Or tagging along with a MEI so you can both legally log the time while you log it as dual received . You still need to get up to 1500 hours anyways ,and getting a ATP in a single engine is useless