View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Capt.

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
SKW has no compelling reason to merge ASA and SKW into one list, and a great reason not to. A seperate certificate is pretty handy for avoiding issues like the UAL hub restriction.

If alpa gets voted in at SKW, seniority list integration with ASA will be mandatory at that point, regardless of what the company wants. The alpa policy is to integrate seniority by DOH, which would greatly benefit the more senior workforce at ASA.

If the company did merge the certificates, I'm not sure how the union issue would have to be resolved...perhaps a yes/no vote among the combined pilot group?
The merger of SKW and ASA's pilot groups doesn't mean that the company has to merge into one Ops Cert. Look at RAH (Republic, Chautauqua & Shuttle America) and MAG (Mesa, Go, Air Midwest & Freedom), SKW can still keep the two separate Ops Certs and staff them with the same labor groups.

My card is in, lets at least take it to a vote. I don't want a merger of the pilot groups but I do want a legal TA to stop the company from changing their interpretation of our polocies overnight (cancellation polocy is one of many examples).