View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:24 PM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
Where I live there are 2 school systems, one is unionized and one is not. Wanna guess which has better teachers. Here's a hint: it ain't the teachers union. Guess all those private school teachers aren't making a livable wage.
Let me guess.... you have a child in a private school. So what rationale would you have for paying for what free down the road other than.... bashing the public institution.

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
Public employee and teacher's unions now have a mob-like quality, and are very different from in particular unions governed by the RLA. But beyond that, they in some ways are a public and moral hazard.
I can see the mob like qualities of the teachers in our local school system. They beat the students, and each other if you don't play by the rules. One of the dumbest analogies I've read on APC, and I've read some real winners.

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
At the public school up the street leading up to a bond issue, teachers were brain washing the kids that they better pressure their parents to vote for massive tax increases, and using teaching time to do so. The majority of the windfall of those taxes solely funded their retirement...the classroom got little of that money.

THAT is a moral hazard if ever I've seen one.
Of course teachers brainwash students, teaching all that science and stuff. More un substantiated BS.

We know all public unions are bad (especially teacher unions)
All public employees are lazy, over paid and have way too much time off. Government is the problem. I know because FOX news saids so, and you know they don't lie because they tell you they are "fair and balanced" . Case closed