View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 02:59 PM
fullflank
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by DryMotorBoatin View Post
Lemme tell you a little story. Not too long ago I had an Eagle chief pilot in the jumpseat(very nice guy). We were chatting during a long on board delay about the horrendous state of the industry. Not just regionals but airlines in general. We were both talking about how absolutely horrendous the Chautauqua performance is on the American side. He said that AMR is doing the best it can to terminate that contract because the performance is so awful. So I posed the question...if AMR wants out of the contract because their performance is so terrible then why did they just give them a boatload of new E170's...his answer..."Because they were that much cheaper than everyone else.
Horton made that deal for more than one purpose. I believe partially to devalue eagle? Correct me if im wrong on that one. Parker isnt Horton, he has an airline to run now and a product to sell. Cheap is still important to him, obviously, but performance will play a very big role going forward. If he does give flying to gojet and they dont deliver, he will get rid of them too. Lets just hope he stays away from them altogether.