View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by shiznit View Post
I'm pleased they are able to draw down some 50's ahead of plan.

If a Company pays you for 70 widgets and then realizes they only need 40 widgets, AND have to pay you for the 30 widgets they don't want even if they never use them; Who got the better end of the deal?

That means you believe that the Delta Pilots had NO LEVERAGE.

The Company then gave away over $1.5 BILLION to their pilots over the next 3.5 and they didn't have to, WHAT?

As a shareholder, I'm furious! AMR, UAL, CAL and LCC each made their pilots negotiate for YEARS without new deals, saving their Corps. hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS of dollars, money that could be used to make my stock worth more...
What? How does it mean I believe we had no leverage? It means we didn't use a single bit of the leverage we had. The company gave us what they wanted to do anyways, and we gave them profit sharing and workrules back, too. The company wanted a deal, we had the leverage, and subsequently folded like a lawn chair.

AMR, UAL, CAL, and LCC aren't making record breaking profits... DAL is, despite the 1.5 BILLION!!!!111!! (supposedly- I think it's much closer to cost neutral) So as a shareholder, you should be happy. Think about what we could have gotten had ALPA actually used some leverage?

Every junky thing we got in C2012 was offset by something and was exactly what the company wanted. Park 50 seaters and add 717s? Add a bunch of jumbo RJs (long term viable!) and get ratios far below actual plans . Pay bump? Reduce profit sharing by 33% during a period of record breaking profits. Slight bump in vacation and a below par min day? Work rules concessions and ALV+15. Everything was offset.

We're witnessing the results of this now, too. We are down several hundred captain positions since C2012 was signed. (yeah, we "added" some on the bids, but we aren't replacing what we have lost).

Last edited by 80ktsClamp; 06-27-2013 at 04:56 PM.