View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 PM
58November
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013

The all I can say is if you prefer to be kept in the dark on these matters, you have got exactly what you wanted. It may also is clear that metaphors are not within your realm of comprehension.

The comparison is not unfair in any way. Communication between LEOs and Crews have been poor for years. The lack of preparation in truly understanding the aviation environment is not on most LEOs radar.

If you think I am wrong, call Chief Sullivan in PHL. He may have some enlightening words for you. The difference between PHL and the rest of the country is he is actually doing something to make it better. Most can't admit there is an issue, as that seems to be your position.

I;ll give you a recent example of an interaction between myself and a special teams unit at a major International airport.

They told me they had all things under control in dealing with aircraft crisis. I said that is great how did you do that? They explained they had bought a new popup stair that can be deployed on the ramp to get to the door of an airliner.
I asked them what would they do if the engines to the plane were still running. They explained that would be great since the noise would give them cover.

I asked them about the 1800c+ coming out the back of the engines and did they consider they may have just cooked their entire unit with a rear door entry?
The commander looked at me and said, "Huh?"
We didn't have a chance to discuss intake issues.

Until LEOs start being willing to take ideas from people who do not have badges these problems will remain.

If you would like to dismiss these points with some half apologetic version of sorry your dad died but now I see the real you....you may need better glasses.