View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 07:00 AM
EMBFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by LNL76 View Post
So? While I think it's a little tacky, what's the big deal? They can advertise at the highest or lowest levels but the applicants STILL HAVE TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH THE INTERVIEW PROCESS, PASS A 10 YEAR BACKGROUND CHECK, FINGERPRINTING, TRAINING, ETC. If you feel that way I can say the same thing at the caliber of pilots they hire as well. (based on their "low class" in hiring processes).
The interview process for FAs for a number of years was "Show up. Fog a mirror." I've had Inflight supervisors and instructors admit to me that they hired EVERY SINGLE PERSON that showed up. They would weed them out in training and on the line. There were some that didn't get weeded out. I was also informed that there was a lot of hand-holding going on in training, too.

Look at the TSA thread above. Those people had to go through fingerprinting, background checks, etc.

I'm not saying it's like that at my current company, but at the regional level, it's rampant. Trust me. I was an FA in a former life. It ain't all that.