View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:58 AM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by strikeagledrivr View Post
Drop papers. I just retired & got hired. Several of my buds have as well. Next year will be even better.....skip the fini 6 month AEF.
Nice call on the fini AEF. Do you have anything that stands out other than pointy nose time? Thunderbirds? Relative flying for the majors? Best friend chief pilot? Anything along those types of lines, or just a dude with 3k+ hours of fighter time?

Originally Posted by xjtguy View Post
Depends, who and how man people do you know?

As mentioned, it's a hyper-competitive market right now and will continue to be for a while.
Any estimate how long it will take to clear the backlog of this hyper competitive market? We talking 3 months, 6 months, a year, 2 years?

Originally Posted by yimke View Post
If you are looking to get hired by a regional, do it!. If you are looking for a major, wait the year if you can stay current. The hiring is not in full swing yet and there are plenty of check airmen, interns, flow through still out there!

Even though you have high training, you only have mins for most majors. There are many 10+ year captains of 121 exp that are looking to make the jump.
Do other parts of the forum discuss how the majors weigh military fighter/trainer time? I'd heard certain airlines just add .3 per sortie while others have a flat multiplier for fighter/trainer time.