View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:30 AM
PC12Flyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Default Transition from charter to the airlines

Hello all. I am currently a 5000 hour charter pilot, flying Challenger 300s. Been flying charter since 2008 and aside from flight instructing and a year stint at Cape Air, charter is the only thing I know. I have PIC types in the CL30 and also Hawker 800s.

Been feeling like I have been in a rut, and I am about to turn 30 this fall, and feel like I want to transition over to the 121 world and maybe someday retire at an airline. I am just getting tired of the constant unpredictability of ZERO schedule and always wondering if and when my cell phone will go off with a trip that ends up turning into a 3 week roadshow. Any of you guys or girls been in my situation? I am guessing the best way to start would be applying to the regionals. If so, what would be the best one to gain some airline experience at? I understand living in base would be the best scenario, but am willing to make the sacrifice in commuting and cut in pay to get started in the right direction. Currently live in Connecticut, about 2 hours from NYC, 2 hours from BOS and 45 minutes each from BDL and PVD.

Thanks in advance for any constructive advice....