Thread: UPA Next Steps
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:11 AM
LAX Pilot
Peace Love Understanding

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by larryiah View Post
I would not want to be constantly working to and fro those Godless countries either. Long, boring flights, often back side of clock, just a few landings a month. Have you seen what these guys look like? Grandpa and Grandma, with Santa Claus guts. If I get sick on the road or have a family emergency to deal with, I just walk over to the American Airlines counter and go home. It's that easy. If I want to visit these places, it will be on my time, in a 1st class seat, with people I want to be with. And I won't take 10 yrs. off my life doing it. You can have it. I'd rather just fly around the U.S.A., God's Country.
That's a personal preference. But your merger committee tried to say it was "undesirable flying" even though the pilots at your airline show otherwise by their bidding patterns. Also, asking for a 5 year fence for all 787 flying in all domiciles does not represent that either.

Its like saying "We don't want, and don't like that widebody flying. But we don't want anybody else other than us doing it."

Its really obvious that's a terrible self-serving argument.