View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:13 PM
CRM114
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by Keithflyer View Post
I'm very curious then as someone who works in radio and now going for my PPL. How many of you guys who have been flying for many years feel about it?
Originally Posted by Keithflyer View Post
I'm very curious then as someone who works in radio and now going for my PPL. How many of you guys who have been flying for many years feel about it?
Sure it's annoying and it doesn't help public perception of pilots or the airlines, but fortunately [in the US] the media doesn't have a role in accident investigation, findings, or corrective regulatory action.

Anyone who's been flying for any length of time has watched the media repeatedly misinterpret most every relevant fact in an aircraft accident, and flight 214 is no different. I don't think the authorities should withhold information from the media, although based on the media's record of reporting facts I applaud the NTSB chairman speaking to them like they're 4 year olds.

Based on how they botch aviation reporting, how likely do you think it is that they botch every other non-aviation story they attempt?