Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
1. Have you ever been arrested?

Would/could be a factor in your security clearance. Perfectly acceptable for an airline to ask.

2. Are you married?

Haven't seen this on an app yet.

3. What religious holidays do you practice?

See number 2

4. Do you have children?

See number 2

5. What country are you from?

See number 1

6. Is English your first language?

This is an ICAO requirement, although I've never seen it on an app as "First" language. It's worded just like the FAR's, "Able to read/write/speak english."

7. Do you have any outstanding debt?

Question I've seen on every security clearance I've ever gotten, have yet to see it on an app.

8. Do you socially drink?

See number 2

9. When was the last time you used illegal drugs?

They don't need to ask, you'll be tested (and probably have been tested for some time if you've come up through the aviation ranks). What I have seen asked is if you've worked at a job subject to testing, and have you ever failed such a test.

10. How long have you been working?

10 year work history is perfectly acceptable to ask, also another security clearance question i.e. FedEx and thier 5 year INCONUS requirement.

11. What type of discharge did you receive in the military?

Hell yes they can ask this question (or have you ever recieved a dishonorable discharge). They can also ask for your DD214.

Who ever at Yahoo wrote this is just trying to stir the pot. I would advise against poking the bear at a potential employer if they ask any of these questions.