View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

BB,

What AIRLINES fly the GLOBAL EXPRESS? There's a big difference between flying in a corporate/charter environment and a union airline. Airlines do negotiate- except they do it via a collective bargining agreement and union negotiators.

In the corporate world, PILOTS negotiate their salaries and benefits. And it goes a lot further than just pay and days off. Corporate benefits such as REAL 401K match (not the piddly 1/2 of 6% that airlines often pay), company cars, stock options, bonuses (as high as 10-20% base salary), paid vacation, personal use of aircraft, and use of vacation properties are all benefits that I've seen in this sector.

You can't compare flying a CRJ with flying a Global Express. In the corporate world, the Global Express or Gulfstreams are equivalent to 777's and 747s.

As far as what I'm personally doing? I'd consider this thread to be part of that education. I also mentor other folks that want jobs in the industry and actively participate on several boards and committees that mentor pilots or are aviation related. How about you? All I see is excuses as to why 85K is such a great figure... why not expand your horizons and strive for greater.

As long as pilots are willing to work for subpar wages, things will never change.