View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 02:02 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
My only gripe with that mike is that he continued to pursue TM after the police dispatcher had advised him to wait for the police and not continue to pursue him.

I'm not looking at this from a racial standpoint because I don't really care why GZ initially pursued TM.

So the scenario was a strange man following a young boy in his car. Said strange man gets out of his vehicle, with a handgun, approaches the young boy and attempts to detain and/or apprehend him. How was TM not to know that GZ was a deranged individual with malice intent?

I can definitely see both sides to this. GZ may have very well been killed, and to that the self-defense card plays valid. That being said it was still his actions that caused this situation to aggressively escalate into a physical altercation ending in TM's death.

There were so many other outcomes that could of come from this situation had GZ acted differently. So with that being said I would think manslaughter charges would have applied at the very least. Murder 1 is kind of a stretch because I have no doubt that GZ didn't intend to kill TM.
Just wondering where your account of the events came from, court records, police investigation or pulled at random out of an orifice.