View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Tee1Up
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: Golf course, mostly.

Originally Posted by NEDude View Post
This is pure speculation on my part but my guess is for someone hired in the first few classes it would be around six months. The company has around 300-320 FOs and wants to get to 15% reserve coverage. So the bottom 45-50 guys will be on reserve. If you figure 6 per class and every two weeks that puts you off reserve at around 16 weeks, so about four months. But you have to figure in the holiday hiring breaks plus there will always be a few guys who jump ship soon after training which may keep you in the bottom 15% a little longer as well. So that is why I am guessing six months. If you get beyond the first few classes, towards the late part of 2013 I am guessing it will be in excess of a year. Not until the 2015 deliveries begin.

Again all just a guess. We were told last fall no real hiring for two years. This spring we were told a little hiring to cover attrition. Now it has become indefinite hiring. Come October they may put the breaks on again. Like any airline, hiring and upgrade plans change daily here. It is just the nature of the beast.
Thanks NE. Good explanation.