Thread: Emirates hiring
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

I wonder how you can PM me, but Skyone can't. Skyone, I recommend you contact the administrator, HSLD, to ask if you can be allowed to send and receive PMs.

Oops, just tried to reply to flycaptain and the system won't allow me to send a message. Oh well. My advice is to go to www.aviationinterviews.com and look at my old gouge on the interview. The format change is that the sim is now on Day 1 and afterwords there is a cut of those to continue and those to go home. The tech questions can all be answered if you get the book Acing the Technical Pilot Interview ( I think that is the right title ). Alternatively you can get the " Preparing for Your Emirates Interview" guide from a bookshop in the UK or Canada. Don't fret the Cathay type oral questions because there aren't any, but the tech written exam is pretty accurate as is the sim profile. There is nothing you can do to prepare for the group exercises, nor should you. They are designed to get a good gauge of the real you, so just act normal and try to be a team player. ( a good mix of sometimes a leader, sometimes a follower is helpful ) Just don't be an overbearing prick. Some people can't help themselves though, and it shows after a couple of group exercises.

Know a little bit about Islam, the UAE, and Dubai and how living here may be different than your home country. Do some manual flying and raw data approaches before you come for the interview. My biggest piece of advice on the sim is to not feel like you have to land off of any of the approaches. More people get hired who miss the approach than who push a marginal approach to touchdown. If it isn't stable or doesn't meet the stabilized approach criteria than go-around.

TP

Last edited by Typhoonpilot; 02-20-2006 at 11:00 PM.