Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:47 PM
jsfBoat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Lovin' life at .4 (ish) mach

Originally Posted by Bassman1985 View Post
The way this staffing bid is being conducted is pi$$ing off a LOT of senior FOs, since the DECs who are holding the CA seats that we want will be staying in them, and none of us will be allowed to upgrade as a result of this. Also, the few FOs who were making bypass pay from last year will lose it after this staffing bid if they don't get awarded a CA slot from it. Barring major attrition on the CA side in the near future, you will be seeing a LOT of very bitter FOs on the line because of this. Most of them will be in the Florida system, but several are flying in ATL and IAD. If you are a DEC and flying with an FO who was stepped over, do them a favor and buy lunch or drinks for them on trips.
Originally Posted by Temocil27 View Post
Remember they were paying their dues with other carriers before you were even an FO. I'm going to go ahead and ask all pay to players to buy me lunch because I CFI'd for 4 years.
Stuff happens, and I'm not upset about the DECs. Until I get to company that I want to be at (see a few previous posts), I'm just going to grin and bear it and not even bother complaining about it or other issues anymore. Just payin' the dues. I do hope I'll hear from the place that does mosquito control with DC-3s. Something appealing about wearing shorts, sandals, and t-shirts flying radials.

BTW, I had a PBI overnight recently, anyone else had a bad experience with the "limo" driver? I think I will call the union rep who deals with that sorta issue, it was unacceptable and we shouldn't do business with him. But he quit us before we quit him from the sounds of it.