View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 10:22 AM
TipTip35
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Tanker-driver
Nice name! Agree 100% with the look out for one's self attitude. However, as I understand PC, you are taking a chance. Nothing is for sure. My bet would be that if if a person were to apply and be turned down for some reason, their career in the active duty air force would not be much fun for the next few years. Maybe there is someone on this forum who has been turned down and can fill the rest of us in? For those that have applied, thanks for having the cajones to lead the way. I definitely would not jump into the process without being very well informed about the risks involved though.

Yeah, thats my feeling exactly. If you get turned down then you're stuck on AD and you've showed your hand that your not bleeding blue and trying to do an AD career. Depending on your CC he may not want to fight hard for you to get your next assignment or school slot or whatever else you decide to do. You may still wearing the uniform by going ANG or USAFR but as far as AD is concerned you've seperated.... I talked to the PC office at RND and they told me they didnt need anymore pilots to get out especially in my year group. I feel like it would be a big crap shoot for me. However, the AF times came out last week and said the AF will need to cut another 55K airman over the next 5 yrs so we'll see if the 29 Sep remains to be the cutoff date for PCing...