Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
surfnski
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
This comment reminds me of something I've never understood, re. pax up while taxiing. What is the big deal?

Is this "All pax must stay seated because we are on an active taxiway..." nonsense an FAA, or NTSB thing? Or just a company thing, or a Flight Attendant thing?

After we get off the airplane, we can get on a Greyhound bus, not wear our seatbelt, and even get up to go pee, all while whistling down I95 at 70mph, in traffic, no seatbelts required.

But you must remain seated when on an airplane which might be moving on a taxiway, at the break neck speed of...11 knots.

I realize "Common Sense" has never been a requirement of riding in the back of a bus, or an airplane, but why is there no Buss Attendant on Greyhound, to walk down the aisle and tell us how to operate a seatbelt, prior to pushback, and to scream at us to be seated, when we really, really, have to pee?

Where is the Standardization from the NTSB?

One Level of Safety and all that...
For the same reason that they believe an airplane will roll inverted and pull itself into the ground because someone has an iPod turned on in the back.

Common sense left town about 15 years ago. Wasn't there an obituary for him (or her, that's for LNL76) in another thread?