Thread: "Other" Time
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:51 PM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by Rhino12 View Post
Every interview I have been to no one has second guessed my flying history report. With MP, IP, and EP time in 2 jets with a few thousand hours they didn't even bat an eyelash or ask..."can you explain this for me?" One interview was with WN.

Has anyone that interviewed at DAL, UCAL, FDX had a different experience? These folks don't seem to care how you constructed your time when you bring in your FHR. But I do agree...if your looking for the magic 1000 TPIC "other" time should not be counted.
For WN, did you use Other time? They're one of those airlines that say not to on their website.

I've interviewed with three major airlines. To answer your question, nobody second guessed my flying time during the actual interview. I did have one question about what a particular type of airplane was that I had flown.

However, every company I interviewed with either requested copies of flight records before the interview, or requested copies to keep during the interview. I believe after a conditional offer is given, they vet you with your previous company/unit and they check your totals. I know two airlines called my Stan/Eval shop.

A close friend of mine interviewed with UPS said he was asked about his flying time and how he calculated it. They were receptive to his explanation and that was the end of it.

I think if you are one of those guys using Other time to meet the minimums, you're going to get some push back on that.

I applied to Atlas and sent an email to their hiring department asking them about their stance on Other time. (after all their website said to email if you had a question) I never heard from them.