View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by SVA402 View Post
Any idea what for? I was under the impression the A321s were for West Coast flying and maybe 1 or 2 dense inter-island markets. But A320s aren't ETOPS...
I've got no idea about A320's ETOPS, or how quickly they could get them certified (maybe throw in a 180+ minute cargo fire supression system if needed?)..

But I've been thinking that it stinks that places like Alaska have more flights from the West Coast than we do and there is nothing we can do about competing with them until the NEO arrives in 3 more years..

And how it would be nice to get something on lease a bit sooner to compete with that until the NEO's arrive. An additional 3 years is a long time to lose West Coast market share.

Not sure how possible it would all be. I don't have the big marketing/ monetary/decision making picture. Just a pilot who doesn't like seeing AS heading to HNL,OGG,KOA, LIH from the next gate over.

In other news, several analyst still predict better financials for HA going forward as we hedge against the supressed YEN, available seats to the West Coast, and the growing pains of 20+% expansion for the last 3 years. 2QT2013 financials released June 23rd.