Old 07-23-2013, 06:50 PM
magnus0322
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: ERJ 170

Originally Posted by sqwkvfr:1449904
Originally Posted by ilsbird View Post
Greetings fellow pilots,

I am currently working with a part 121 operator and have a interview coming up with Republic Airways in few weeks. Id like to see if anyone can give me the gouge on the ATP written style test they give out and what are the majority of the questions focusing on. And if the questions on the written come right out of the ATP test bank, because I am taking the ATP written test in a few days and if thats the case then it will be still fresh in my head. And second anybody have any insight on what are the likely classes to be held in Republic in month of September, assuming I pass the interview hopefully and most likely get a class date in September. I am preferring a LGA base as I will be relocating there in few months so Chathauqa and Shuttle America would be my primary choices for certificate options. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Just a little warning here....LGA on the Shuttle America side might not be safe. The general feeling is that Delta is going to begin using mainline 717s for the Delta Shuttle. Without that flying, RJET will most certainly re-evalutate it's need for and subsequently close the LGA base, displacing pilots to places like CMH and IND.

Regardless, are you willing to risk leaving your current job in order to accept a Shuttle America or Chautauqua class only to show up and learn that you've been mislead and now you're on the Q400 and about to be based in PIT?

If you're looking for the New York area, I'd highly recommend Expressjet EWR.
Oh really LGA on the Shuttle side is closing? Cause I see mainline doing some of the shuttle but definitely not all of it. We also do much more out of LGA than just BOS, ORD, DCA. But I digress, most of the overnights in LGA are stolen by IND and CMH crews. But with the new rest rules what do you think will happen to the outstations? If they start so early they can't fly as long therefore really unproductive trips. I think it will be cheaper for the company to grow the hubs in the future rather than continue this broken outstation model. Maybe Shuttle will shut down ATL in favor of a DTW or DEN or EWR base. But I'm just talking crap because this is as much a fact as your claim that LGA is closing.

Also does anyone know for a fact that the company tried bait and switch? You'd think our geniuses running the Union with the muffin man would trumpet this loud to future new hires. IBT sucks.