View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by XtremeF150 View Post
I know your just kidding because by the 2nd year you would be the same as a capped out VA 320FO even if you took our piddly lil 717. By the third year you would be pushing CA pay or better on most of our airframes. You have a fun job no doubt but don't let size influence your decision
You make it sound like Delta pilot jobs are handed out. For those of us with zero contacts at Delta, I have no hope. I haven't renewed (since even before VX) when airlineapps wanted $55 for the year to renew.

You are correct on the pay, but how long will reserve be? I hear of guys on 7th year pay at ATL on the 320 who are still reserve. Ugh. I spent one month on reserve, and have been a 17-18 day off line holder since. With a baby at home, this is important. Right now I get to see my baby every day (do day trips and 2 days in base). Since his birth, I've never done a 4-day. I haven't missed out on anything. I'd rather keep what I have now and watch my kid grow than sacrifice and miss out on these important young years. I think as long as VX does okay, I'm probably staying. Next year on 3rd year pay, I'll be close to 100k with what I like to credit every month so it isn't too bad. Baby is priority #1 though.