View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
gold
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: 206

Originally Posted by FLSTCI View Post
Met in the early a.m. at C20 – about a 30 minute drive from the Elkhart area – and was paired with another interviewee for a brief sim period in a ground-based simulator, sort of like a glorified CPT with visuals. Would be a great addition to one's "ultimate man-cave!" Immediately beforehand we both completed a multiple-question test which was straight out of the ATP question bank I seem to recall. The simulator was set up to emulate a straight-wing Citation. We took turns in either seat; the other guy went first. Takeoff from TEB, follow the TEB8, do some basic airwork and get vectored for an ILS back into TEB. On my run I received a V1 cut followed by more of the same. They’re looking at CRM, judgment, flying skills, etc.
They expect you back at company headquarters after a break for lunch. They will send one of to a lab for drug screening while the other interviews. The Director of HR and the CP conduct. Basic HR-type questions: tell us about yourself; tell us about a time when…; why TMC; what are your strengths and weaknesses, and so on. They’ll walk you around the campus and introduce you to other key folks. They do attempt to put you at ease and leave you feeling good about coming to work there.
Someone posted this a few pages back.