Thread: U.S. Marshals
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:16 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
the Hawker indeed may be USMS owned then. and possibly flown by govt employees but I believe the USMS planes are flown by 1811 series deputies who are USMS deputies first, pilots second.
I won't say ALL because I don't know - but from the announcements that I have seen, and from the ones who were ASIPs and moved over to JPATS (quite some time ago), they are 2181 series.

Here is part of the announcement from the 2012 job opening:

SALARY RANGE: $81,823.00 to $106,369.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD:Thursday, February 2, 2012 to Saturday, February 11, 2012
SERIES & GRADE:GS-2181-13
POSITION INFORMATION:Full Time - Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL:13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Oklahoma City, OK United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:US Citizens and Status Candidates
JOB SUMMARY:

The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.

This is the position of an Airplane Pilot within the United States Marshal Service's (USMS) Justice Prisoner & Alien Transportation System's (JPATS) Flight Operations Branch, Air Operations Division, located in Oklahoma City, OK. The incumbent serves as a pilot/co-pilot responsible for flying USMS owned and/or operated large (over 12,500 pounds gross weight) turbine powered, turbo-prop, and reciprocating multi-engine fixed wing aircraft. The incumbent supports prisoner movements; special operations; patrol and reconnaissance; transport of cargoes of ammunition, pyrotechnics, chemical munitions, and parachute deliveries; and flies in and out of small airfields over unfavorable terrain during the day and night.