Thread: U.S. Marshals
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:36 AM
blulavboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Back on the "light" side...
Default USMS

Here's the posting from last month. I also got the impression that they strictly hired pilots. This isn't to say that some aren't USMS as well. I saw two MD-80s whilst in OKC last week and I heard the 737s are coming soon, as the contract for pilot training was awarded to HPA in DAL.

Company : Department of Justice
Contract type : Full Time
Aircraft type : Boeing 737 - 3/4/500 EFIS
Job location : OKLAHOMA
Job published date : 2013-05-09
Job expiry date : 2013-05-31
Monthly salary :

Job Description

The United States Marshals Service is the nation’s oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.

Vacancy ID: 884704
Job Title: Airplane Pilot, GS-2181-13
Promotion Potential: 13
Duty Location: Oklahoma City, OK United States 2 vacancies
Open Period: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Salary Range - $81,823.00 - $106,369.00 Annually
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.

This is the position of an Airplane Pilot within the United States Marshal Service's (USMS) Justice Prisoner & Alien Transportation System's (JPATS) Aviation Branch, located in Oklahoma City, OK. The incumbent serves as a pilot/co-pilot responsible for flying USMS owned and/or operated large (over 12,500 pounds gross weight) turbine powered, turbo-prop, and reciprocating multi-engine fixed wing aircraft. The incumbent supports prisoner movements; special operations; patrol and reconnaissance; transport of cargoes of ammunition, pyrotechnics, chemical munitions, and parachute deliveries; and flies in and out of small airfields over unfavorable terrain during the day and night.