View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 04:53 AM
ExE3toUAL
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by eagledriver122 View Post
didn't want to start a new thread so just thought i would reply to this one. Now i did an MC-12 gig about 6 months ago as a fighter guy so the whole "A" coded thing was new to me. Now that i'm filling out airline apps, i notice that while I was "A" coded for 95% of my sorties, we still split PIC and SIC with the copilot everytime. Now most airlines would consider all that time PIC since i was the AC even though the right seaters rarely touched the controls. so i'm asking a couple things:
1) did anyone else do that too as far as splitting time b/c in retrospect that was a dumb idea
2) is there anyway to figure out which sorties you were "A" coded on an ARMS printout b/c that is another 300ish PIC time that could be added to my time but can't prove it right now
Just curious...
eagle,
E-3 guys constantly are doing that. That is all I ever did. We tend to fly a ton though and it kind of works out. Just if you feel you were the A code take those hours as PIC and ensure you annotate some how how you did it. I did it and the interviewers didn't seem to mind. Check out the other threads.