View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 05:52 PM
cat22planes
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2011

FerrisBluer: I wouldn't go back to mesa if you're hoping for west coast or even Chicago. PHX I know is Super senior with ever shrinking flying out west...over 20 F/Os on RSV in PHX this month and around 40 or so lines from what I hear. BTW if anyone goes now and tries to reclaim seniority no matter what the circumstance...it will be grieved. The last chance for recall was 4/13 if I'm correct? There are many new hires/re hires with old seniority numbers back at the bottom of the list at mesa. It Suckksss but its the truth..." at mesa you are on an island, you must get what you need to survive by doing all the work yourself. You will receive no assistance. You will cont. to do this, All the while trying to get the "F" off of the island." The burden is all on the pilot at mesa.

I know about the seniority at PHX and would likely get CLT, IAD, or ORD as my base.

As for getting bumped back down to the bottom of the list. This would be a problem. If this is to be the case after my work with MAG is complete, I would seek employment elsewhere, as holding a line would be necessary for QOL with me living in SEA.

SkyWest would be the obvious choice as they do have a SEA base (I know it's senior as well but it might be something to look forward too). Also most of my family lives in FAT so, a Bro driver out of FAT would be great! Horizon has a few direct flights a day from SEA to FAT and it usually has a few seats on it. Not a bad commute.

As for the hardship at Mesa, all I can say is I BUMP T'AT!!

sulkair: Cat 22,

I sent you a PM. Congrats on the birth of your son!

Thank you, PM returned.

GearMover: Mesa contract section 17 A 3-Furloughed pilots will file their proper addresses with the Director of Operations or his designee at the time of the furlough and will notify the Company of any address changes promptly.

I don't see that you contacted the Director of Operations in your emails. I do see that contacted HR. Being a furloughed pilot myself I can tell you HR doesn't keep any records of being a "current" employee. They list you as a former employee(so you can file and get unemployment benefits) so they wouldn't have "record" to put your current address in (I know it sounds strange but when I went back we had to do a full application with 10 year background check as a newhire) I would contact Mesa ALPA it does say in the contract that you can contact the "Company" and HR is part of the company. If you have records showing that you called or wrote HR or anyone as soon as your address changed then maybe Mesa ALPA will help you (they love a fight with management)

You are correct, I didn't update the DOP. How do I do this? When I was furloughed my access to the employee login was removed. This was the only place I was aware of that had a departmental list and said departments contact info. I didn't (and still don't) know how I could have updated the DOP. HR was the only email address that I was able to find on the public side of the website. Also, the emails that I received from Mesa specifically said to update HR with address changes.

As for the record part, this is what confuses me. If the above is true, then why did they use contact information that was 12 years old, and not currently on any of my information to them for the pilot position?

I'm hoping they do want a bit of a fight, as the only reason to go back is accrued seniority. If I can't get this back, then this argument with them will be moot. But, I am willing to try.