View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 PM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
If I were going through upgrade and my FO was a 1000 hour P.O.S. Katana wonder, I would demand a support first officer for my checkride! There is way too much on the line to botch up your ride! Does AQP even allow for support captains or FO's for the checkride or are you stuck as a team?
My airline pairs new hires with captain upgrades for both ground school and sim. I'm assuming most do the same? Be glad that your sim partner is now required to have 1000/1500 hours rather than the 300-600 they were able to be hired at in the past.

Also if you go into upgrade training with that kind of attitude I guarantee it won't be the 1000 new hire who causes you to fail. When I was a new hire my captain sim partner helped me a ton and we both worked together between sim sessions to make sure we had things down. If your attitude is "I'm better than this 1,000 hour pilot and I don't care if he fails" you're going to go down with them. Be a mentor and a good captain and you'll do fine just like thousands before you have.