Old 04-07-2007, 09:58 AM
JPilot77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

I went to college, I instructed, I went to a freight job and I was absolutely miserable til I jumped to a job with a schedule, just my experience, other people have different ones but figured I'd add mine. Some love it, some hate, some just do it. From what I've seen it's a gamble going to those companies, as it was for me. Some of the smaller planes (falcons and lears) seem to fly alot more, I was on a convair and we probably flew 200 hours a year or less last year, things were just real slow. The good thing about working in on demand is you get to see places you would normally never go, you make alot of close friends, and good contacts for the future. The thing that killed me was being on the pager 24/7, my company never gave hard days off, if it was slow we could TRY to get released for 48 hours on the weekends, typically the case because it was slow but it didn't make the job any more bearable. I'm not familiar with USA Jet but I do think they do some type of schedule like 8 days on and 5 days off, I think that would make a world of difference with the job. USA Jet compensates much better than the company I was at also, I think Kalitta Charters is payng fo's pretty well now also. But if you want to live in Michigan, because thats where many of the on-demand jobs are, I would highly suggest looking into Pinnacle, they are hiring like mad also and are upgrading faster than you will upgrade at an on-demand operator right now, and you will have a better quality of life.