View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 05:59 AM
Gunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by HKFlyr View Post

My opinion and view. (Last I knew, I am allowed to have one)

Rumors of more investigations abound. The issue is still being discussed as to what the rules are between the union and the company.

Talk to more HK people about the hearings and advice the accused got. I would have gotten outside counsel also. It will be civil. And I think they will win. (After years in court I'm sure.)
Yeah, you're allowed to have an opinion. You're also allowed to have a persecution complex if that is your preference.

Word of advice, consider yourself investigation worthy anytime you go to work. The housing allowance wickets are too much of a temptation for the company to make money by denying it. You'll never see me bid HKG.

Outside counsel didn't do so well. The union advice was to take the deal and keep your job. You're going to have to define "winning" a civil suit.

More than likely, if they get a decent settlement, part of it will be you can't come back to work ever. If the settlement exceeds their probable lifetime earnings and retirement it might be considered a win. With their youth I doubt this will be the case. The stress of working on that project would never be worth it to me.