View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 07:04 AM
AZFlyn1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by What View Post
Good Morning Ladies/Gentlemen,

I woke up this morning to the news that your union leadership was excluded form the conference call yesterday. I want to make it perfectly clear that Eagle pilots as well as ALPA pilots have not turned our backs on you. The reason you were not allowed on the call was ALPA. I don't know if the instructions to exclude you came form local ALPA or ALPA national. As an ALPA pilot I am ashamed of what happen as this is time to bond together and not allow to be segregated by management or ALPA national. We are helping management when we work as independents. We need to be united and I am asking you to pass the information to your reps. I can only speak for Eagle pilots but we want our leadership to be engaged and collaborate with each other.

As many know, at Eagle we have an issue with our MEC. The leadership at the MEC likes doing what they think it's best and not follow what guidance the pilots give them. The Eagle pilots will elect new MEC leadership next week and we are working hard to get the right people to lead our union but ALPA national is a problem. ALPA national has threatened pilots and helped the current leadership remain in power as we have tried countless of times to replace them.

Please pass the info to your reps and let them know that we will be in touch with them wether is ALPA or if I have to be a middle man in the conversations because of ALPA politics.

V/r
What
I'm curious, how hard is it to de-certify the union? If ALPA is that inept and hated I would think that would be a viable option, but I don't know a whole lot about the process. I only know from personal experience that I wasn't a big fan of theirs, it was always about the money with them. They did do one good thing for me... While on furlough from Mesa, the guys on the MEC told me to run from Mesa and get on with Skywest. I listened and it turned out to be a great move.