View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 AM
globalexpress
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by N1CEandS1MPLE View Post
I am a junior in high school. This year I have made it my commitment to start flight lessons. For the first time I feel dedicated towards spending my money on something that matters. Anyways, I hope to eventually finish all classes/flights necessary to obtain my PPL by the time I graduate.

I have been researching into flight schools and something clearly stands out ... its expensive. I have been working on a commercial farm, so I will be going home at the end of this summer with a good amount of cash. I doubt I will have the so say 8,000 needed to pay for the classes which is why I have come to ask a question.

Do most flight schools let you pay in "chunks"? I will not be able to pay up front quite yet for the full course, so instead I want to pay for what I can do for now. Or do schools make you pay for everything?
You could consider a Sport Pilot Certificate instead of a full Private Pilot Certificate if you just want to get a taste for flying. I don't know much about it but someone on here likely will. It is more restrictive than a full Private Pilot Certificate but cheaper to obtain, too.