View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 AM
vagabond
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172

Originally Posted by wmuflyboy View Post
I hate threads like this. What point are you trying to prove? That you hated life at your airline job? Great. Go defend leaving it to your family. Not us. Since you are back here typing about it shows that you regret it a little bit. You are trying to find people who will relate to what you did so you can have some sort of closure that you made the right decision. Some of us (like myself) love flying and doingwhat they do. Dont de-motivate them.
This section of the Forums was created to provide a venue for those who have left aviation (and those thinking of leaving) to share with the rest of us their perspective and insight. People leave for a variety of reasons, many of which involve personal and professional satisfaction. Each person is the best judge of what is in his best interests. I do not believe we are in a position to judge or criticize someone else for leaving, just as we are not in a position to judge someone for staying.

For what it's worth, I asked the OP to write about his story. Lambasting him is not appreciated nor is it a worthy endeavor. The OP was not justifying himself to us, not trying to gain sympathy, and not trying to discourage others. If anyone reads his post as anything but sharing his story, then I fear for your reading comprehension.

Read his post. Learn from it if you can. If you think there is nothing to learn, move on to the next thread. Move to another forum altogether because this forum is about alternatives to an aviation career.

Lastly, the OP made it clear that he would like to fly for fun now. I congratulate you, Pilotpip, for making the moves necessary to have a balanced and fulfilling life. Thanks for sharing your story.